Dr Petros Ieromonachou is a Senior Lecturer in Transport Studies at the University of Greenwich and a Visiting Research Fellow in the Design and Innovation Group. He has been involved in projects for the Department for Transport and the Energy Savings Trust. He collaborates with an international group developing Strategic Niche Management. Petros completed his PhD at the Open University through which he analysed the implementation process of urban road pricing schemes in three European countries. He has since been an invited speaker at a series of seminars on Road User Charging organised by Transport 2000 and the Institute of Public Policy Research.
Ieromonachou, P, Warren, J.P. and Potter, S (2010): The Olympic Transport Legacy, Town & Country Planning July/August 2010, pp 331-336 [pdf copy]
Ieromonachou, P., Potter, S. and Warren, J. (2007): Analysing road pricing implementation processes in the UK and Norway, European Journal of Transport and Infrastructure Research, 7(1), pp. 15–38.
Ieromonachou, P., Potter, Stephen and Warren, James (2006): Norway’s urban toll rings: evolving towards congestion charging? Transport Policy, Vol. 13, Issue 5, pp. 29-40.
Ieromonachou, P., Potter, S. and Warren, J. (2006). Evaluation of the implementation process of urban road pricing schemes in the UK and Italy, Trasporti Europei (European Transport), Issue no.32, April, pp. 49-68 [abstract].
Ieromonachou, P. (2006). Urban Road Pricing in Italy, Traffic Engineering and Control, April, Vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 128-132.
Ieromonachou, P., Potter, S. and Warren, J. (2005): Comparisons of different implementation procedures of road pricing schemes in two European countries. Proceedings of the VII Nectar Conference, CD, EIT.ULPGC.
Ieromonachou, P., Potter, Stephen and Enoch, Marcus (2004) Adapting Strategic Niche Management to Evaluate Radical Transport Policies International Journal of Transport Management. Vol 2 No 2, pp 75-87
Ieromonachou, P., Potter, S. and Enoch, M. P. (2003). Using Strategic Niche Management to Evaluate and Implement Urban Transport Policy Instruments, in Urban Transport IX, Urban Transport and the Environment in the 21st Century, pp.1-19, WIT Press, Southampton.
- Organising a seminar on Strategic Niche Management, as part of advancing a framework for implementing innovative and sustainable transport policies. The project involves working on developing ideas to further explore the adaptability of SNM for policy evaluation.
- Presenting results from his research on international road pricing cases through written publications, conferences and seminars.
2001 - 2005 The Open University, PhD in Transport Policy .
1999 - 2000 Coventry University, MSc in Engineering and Manufacturing Management.
1996 - 1999 Coventry University, BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering.
2011 Senior Lecturer, University of Greenwich
2007 Lecturer in Transport Studies, University of Greenwich
2006 Employed by Ecolane Transport Consultancy. Formed part of the team engaged by the Energy Savings Trust to evaluate reports from the Site Specific Advice Programme for Travel Plans.
2005 Employed as a Research Fellow by the Open University to prepare research articles and other research outputs supporting the work of Professor Stephen Potter and Dr James Warren, to present transport research at conferences and seminars, to prepare research bids and to contribute to work on existing transport research projects.
2003 Employed as part-time consultant by the Open University to conduct interviews and report on the implementation of Travel Plans as part of the Department for Transport (DfT) funded Site Specific Advice (SSA) project.
- Member of the Transport Planning Society (TPS), since 2004
- Associated Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE), since 2004
- Member of the international network of NECTAR - the Network on European Communications and Transport Activity Research, since 2003
- Member of the Universities Transport Studies Group (UTSG), UK, since 2001
- Invited speaker at two seminars on Road User Charging organised by Transport 2000 in October 2005 and March 2006.
- Winner of a Transport Planning Society Bursary Award in 2006 for a report on the future of road pricing in UK cities.
- Reviewer for the international journal of European Transport (Trasporti Europei).- Invited speaker at two seminars on Road User Charging organised by Transport 2000 in October 2005 and March 2006.
Page Last Updated: 22 July, 2011